Monday, November 8, 2010

Funny Application Answers


One of my good clients recently shared a story with me about the following application she received. Her story was that an applicant was filling out a job application. When he came to the question, "Have you ever been arrested?" He answered, "No."The next question, intended for people who had answered in the affirmative to the last one, was "Why?"The applicant answered it anyway: "Never got caught."
She asked that I not share her identity.

I thought there have to be other funny application answers. I found several sites listing answers allegedly given by job seekers. These are from a website called "Smack the Interviewer."

Here are some of the answers claimed to have been put on job applications:


QUALIFICATIONS:“Here are my qualifications for you to overlook.”
“Wholly responsible for two (2) failed financial institutions.”
“Lets meet, so you can ooh and aah over my experience.”
“I have an excellent track record, although I am not a horse.”
“I am loyal to my employer at all costs… Please feel free to respond to my resumé on my office voice mail.”

EXPERIENCE:“Note: Please don’t misconstrue my 14 jobs as job-hopping. I have never quit a job.”

EDUCATION:
“Failed bar exam with relatively high grades.”
“Finished eighth in my class of ten.”

SPECIAL SKILLS:
“I have lurnt Word Perfect 6.0 computor and spreadsheet progroms.”
“Am a perfectionist and rarely if if ever forget details.”

I've really seen some of these answers on applications I've reviewed.
Have you had any funny application answers? Have you written any?
Share them here!

I've published more of these funny answers in a new article:
More-funny-job-application-answers

Thanks!
Ev
A Heck of A Nice Guy