Rule #3 of owning a successful laundromat is "Keep it well lit."
You want to have good lighting in your laundromat or laundry room for many reasons:
-safety from crime and tripping hazards are two
-advertising as customers can see inside how nice your facility is
-customers can see how clean their clothes are

Advances in LED lighting have come a long way and the prices have dropped significantly and some utility companies have incentives for facilities to upgrade their lighting.
I went from incandescent to fluorescent bulbs and then about 10 years ago switched to LED bulbs and now have switched to flat full panel LED lighting and WOW!
I have large windows facing the west so I get lots of sun all day, however it was harder to see how much darker the back of the store was even with the sun out.

The lighting in the store is brighter and more even and I've gotten more compliments from customers about how clean the store is. I always thought the store was clean but now customers can see all the little nooks and so it is also a good time to remind your cleaning staff that they have to get all these little areas because they can now be seen!

A secondary benefit of the new lighting, but I think important, is how the
new lighting made ME FEEL.
I've always liked spending time in my stores but I noticed a definite improvement in my enjoyment being in the store. The brightness lifted my mood and is reflected in my behavior at the store. Problems don't seem to be so bad and I think I leave the store more energized even after a long day of repairs.
If you think that everyone knows the benefits of good lighting,
here is a post and video from a laundry room that I had to go in to do a repair:
Ev
A Heck of A Nice Guy
A Heck of A Nice Guy


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.